Would you like to join me on a journey of reading through the Bible in a year? It just takes a commitment of 10-15 minutes a day for a whole life transformation. I have done this with a variety of translations in the past and this year I am using as my guide The Daily Message by Eugene Peterson. I would like our group chat to be edifying and encouraging.
My aim in this group is to foster dialogue, to engender your honest words about God’s holy Word. It is not so much to answer questions as an expert but raise questions so together we can better be “stewards of the mysteries of God.”
A few tips from my four decades of reading through the Bible.
1) Begin with prayer asking God to speak to you through the Word.
2) Consider this more a “formational” study. Read less for mere information and instead seek wisdom for your life.
3) Ask someone to be an accountability partner. I have found encouragement from a friend to be essential in making the most of Scripture study.
4) Follow the 6 day reading plan to pace yourself. Don’t read ahead. If you fall behind, consider devoting your 7th day to catching up.
5) Have fun. Finding meaning and purpose in the Bible is a joyous adventure. Don’t beat yourself up with the Good Book.